Friday, March 25, 2016

In Memory of Micah

It is hard to say how I am feeling today as I not only realize that this is my husbands and my first Easter without my kids Matthew age 16 and Rebecca13 home.
They have been in group hom/Facilities since the week of Feb 9...but I am also remembering the news of  a very well loved  16 yr old boy (who also had severe autism and prone to occassional violent melt downs) named Micah
He passed away on March 30 ,2007 suddenly. in his sleep . It has always been a fear that we would loose Matthew this way and that fear hit us hard when Matthew was plsced.
But he is doing well an i will talk more about him in another post.

Micah........My husband and I met Micah and his family through my Sister In Law who was then
 a missionary actress that travels around the country putting on skits and sharing the gospel of Christ.
I don't know how many will read my blog  but the name of their ministry is "The Covenant Players"
www.covenantplayers.org/about-
 My Rebecca was 2 at the tim almost three  it was julyof 2004
Micah loved to rock in rocking chairs,swing on swings,sing and loved to be tickled from what I knew of him he liked to play rough to and would often have to be supervised .
He seemed to be happy most of the time and loved singing Disney and  other Childrens tunes especially Jesus loves me.
His all time favorite Disney character was Tigger....He loved Tigger so much that when he talked it was well known to everyone around him
bAs I said he loved to swing on swings . I can remember a time when Micah took off from his home I think it was scarring  his parents and after a bit of a search he was found hapily in a school play yard playing on the swings after church or after school hours......my memory fails me.
 I don't know what awats in heaven as far as swings and stuff LOL!
But I do know Micah has a new body in heaven and I can picture him racing anothe Woman named Robin (whom I will one day talk about)down the golden streets

No comments:

Post a Comment